Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Let's Get This Party Started!

Hi,
Welcome to my very first blog.  I believe that blogging is similar to keeping a diary.  Unfortunately, I never kept a diary so this will also qualify as my first diary (IMO).  This blog will highlight any and all of my travel and sightseeing experiences, as well as, the experiences that others share with me. 

I love, love, love to travel.  My senses are heightened and my energy level ignites when I am out-and-about.  From cruising our massive oceans to exploring land based adventures to visiting local attractions in your backyard, I will be covering it all.  I want to hear from you and I know others want to know your tips from traveling. 

My husband is in the army.  We have moved many, many times in the last 15 years.  We recently moved to New Jersey and live pretty close to Philadelphia.  We are also under an hour's drive to the Jersey Shore and depending on traffic, we can get to NYC under two hours (even though we are 60 miles or so away).  We have two daughters (Kaylee and Hannah), an eleven year old Golden Retriever (Maggy), a leopard gecko (Charlie) and fish.  This last move from the San Francisco area to NJ was interesting but fun and memorable. 

Without chronologically listing every "backyard" attraction we have taken advantage of in the army towns we have inhabited, I will showcase some in New Jersey that we have visited since July 2011.  In the last five months we have made two trips to NYC, stayed in a cottage in Ocean Grove on the shore, took a day trip to Cape May, made three trips to Philadelphia, walked the town and campus of Princeton, visited a local farm during harvest season and took a wagon ride to pick pumpkins, and more.  There are so many things we want to do and see while we live in New Jersey.  I am telling you this because you need to live like you are in the army and you will be moving again in a year or so.  When we lived in the Savannah, Georgia area, I was talking to a local friend and discussing some places we had visited.  My local friend said, "I didn't even know those places existed!".  There you go.  It is healthy to schedule time to explore your "backyard"! 

One more thing, if you get a chance to go to Philadelphia during the holiday season, you must check out the Comcast building and their holiday show on one of the largest LED screens in the world.  It was awesome!  And it's free!!

Thanks for taking the time to read.  As time goes on, I want my blog to age like a fine wine!  It should get better with time!!!!  I hope.....    

No comments:

Post a Comment